Tuesday, September 22, 2015

That time has come...

Welp, It's that time again...
It's definitely bittersweet.

For those of you who don't know, its moving time.
Time for a new command, 
new scenery.
New home.
New adventures.
A fresh start.

However, the hard part is leaving behind the amazing friends we have made.
Even though a few of them are going to be moving too.
Sometimes I just wish we could all end up at new commands together,
never having to say goodbye..
Especially to those who have become more like family,
not just friends.

My heart is so full thinking about all the memories we were able to make here in 
North Carolina.
We bought our first home.
Survived our first deployment.
Had our beautiful baby boy.
Learned to be not only pet parents 
(even though two found new homes, we still love them)
but actual parents.
Found an amazing church
with an incredible group of people.
Brought friends to God,
As well as drew closer to Him individually,
and as a family.

These next few months are going to be utter chaos.
On top of every day/weekly stresses,
We have church groups, events, trainings, my mom and grannie's
birthdays, as well as Parker's 2nd Birthday,
Thanksgiving, Christmas and possibly New Years.
 Not to mention we will be fixing up the house for renters too..


I just can't believe 3 years snuck up on us so fast.
I spent so much time keeping others at arms length because 
I was afraid to get to close. Then eventually I end up getting close
towards the end, and realize I wasted time trying to keep them from
getting close, when really thats no life to live.

These are a few of the military wives who have touched my heart here.

Hannah- You were my first friend I made here. 
We've had our ups and downs, and our moments where we weren't so close,
But this last year you have been such a huge influence in my life and
you have been there for me when I really needed someone.
You are like the sister I never had.
I have no idea what I'm going to do without you.
You have helped my relationship with God become stronger,
You have encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and helped me be closer to my husband.
You challenge my thinking, and opinions by pointing out perspectives that I was unable to see.
You grounded me, you never judged me, you loved me unconditionally, and 
I see God's Light in your heart. I love the adventures we were able to have together,
Even if it meant finding out how vanilla you really are :) just kidding.
I love you, and I'm pretty sure saying goodbye to you is going to be the hardest.

Darien- You were my second friend here, we have definitely had our fair share of issues,
not necessarily with each other, but its been a roller coaster for sure. 
You get me like no one else, maybe its just a Washington thing lol
I feel like we will eventually make it back to Washington so saying goodbye
isn't really going to be goodbye, it'll be see you later :)
Im so blessed and honored that I was able to be a part of baby Audrey's birth.
You are so much like family, heck, we don't even knock on each others doors, or say when we are coming over sometimes! You always tell me like it is, and point me towards God when I'm a little off course. You are such a sweet and honest soul. I just love being around you. 

Jamie- I just met you not too long ago, and you are the sweetest most kind person I have ever met. You and Derek are so Genuine and loving, I just can't even. 
You've always been so willing to help us or open your home to us when we show up unannounced.
You guys have been so consistent in coming to church with us.
You're just always smiling and seem so happy and positive.. I absolutely love that.
You laugh at my jokes, even if half of them are about you and your country accent.
I hope while y'all are still stationed here at Camp Lejeune, we will be able to visit you guys, and y'all will be more than welcome to come visit us! Bring the puppies!

Shelby- We literally just met, and I could tell we would be super close if Katie would have hooked us up sooner (Thanks a lot Katie) You are so sweet and I love being around you and your boys.
You seem so down to earth and positive. I hope we are able to keep in touch once I leave,
and spend disgusting amounts of time together drinking coffee, and eating pie until then.

Meghan- You're not just a wife to an active duty member, you are one, and thats insane to me. I'm so lucky to know you and grateful that you got to move here too! I love our honesty with one another and how much we care for each other and realize this is family, not just friends.. I'm so excited watching you grow into an amazing wife, and hopefully one day a mother! i know this isn't goodbye for us. So i won't even think that.. but I definitely want to spend as much time as I can with you guys while we are on the same coast. I love you!

Nicole- I didn't meet you as the wife of someone Justin worked with, but you are a military wife none the less, and the past year with you in my life has been so incredible. You always have such encouraging, loving, and Godly words and wisdom flowing through you. Your patience and love for children is so incredible. I love spending time with you, and I'm so glad you have been someone in my life who I can look up to, open up to and rely on. I love how real and in touch you are and I love your determination. I have never seen a woman take on so much, and do it so willingly and happily as you have.You are such an inspiration to this young mom, who still has not figured it out yet. Your transparency is so beautiful and I love you and your family so much. 

Each of you has left a big imprint on my heart and I can't say what these next few months or years are going to hold. I just know, I'll never forget any of you, and I'm going to do my best to keep in touch with you so much to the point where you all are completely annoyed with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment