My last post was at the end of November. So let me catch you up on the last 9 months of my life.
December 12, my son was born! 5lbs 2oz. 18 inches long.. complete perfection.
I had my mom by my side, my husband on the phone, Klove Christian radio was playing in he back round. 6 pushes and he was here. God definitely blessed me. Everything was as perfect as it could be in that moment. I have never felt such a rush of love, and pure joy. And although he was small, he was completely healthy. No issues at all!
Things were rough for a while, playing a "single mom" was rough.. I don't know how people do it..
Shortly after my son was born, my sister in law got to come visit from California!
It was so nice having company and not being completely alone while my husband was deployed.
Then my amazing mother in law came a month and a half later-
Being 3000 miles away is one of the hardest things for all of us.. especially when we love each other and get along so well!
And of course my mom, since she moved from Washington State to Virginia, she as able to come down to see us at least once a month, if not more..
These Ladies were my rock through one of the hardest times in my life..
I don't know what I would do without you guys.
Finally...
The day we had been waiting for.
May 17, 2014
11:30pm
My Heart was finally complete.
My other half was home from Afghanistan.
He was able to finally hold his little boy for the first time!
He was 5 months and 6 days old.
I could finally let out a sigh of relief and let down my guard.
And start tearing down all these walls I had built up to keep myself "strong" through the deployment.
Then our journey as a family (actually together) began.
This meant late nights.
And Early Mornings...
Also new adventures, dirty diapers and feeding/eating..
To reading stories, baby melt downs, silly faces and plenty of laughs..
All in all, what was once difficult, has made us closer, stronger and happier.
I love my family, and I cant wait for a lifetime of adventures, laughs and memories with the perfect husband and perfect son.








.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Awesome, Brittany! I had no idea this little corner of the Web was here! I will be back! Thank you for sharing. If I haven't said it before, you have SUCH a beautiful family! *HUGS!*
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwww <3
ReplyDeleteIs hubby home for good now? Is he re-upping? Will he ship out again? What's happening now?